Our approach to integrated financial management addresses the following areas: investments, retirement, insurance, income tax, business consulting, estate planning and other financial matters that impact your life.
Creating and growing resources needed to reach your financial and lifestyle goals starts with a well-crafted investment plan. The first step in the investment planning process is to learn more about your personal goals, investment objectives, investing time horizon, and personal risk tolerance.
- Evaluate your assets, liabilities, and cash flow, determining how to best meet your financial needs
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of the full range of investment options from Treasury bills and insured certificates of deposit, to mutual funds and exchange traded funds (ETFs)
- Develop an investment plan, utilizing low-cost, tax efficient securities, that meet your short- and long-term financial goals and is consistent with your risk tolerance
It is never too late to plan for retirement; however, the sooner planning starts, the more financially prepared you are likely to feel when the time arrives. Our specialized guidance and support can help develop a plan that is intended to deliver a secure and comfortable retirement and peace of mind during pre-retirement years. As a fee-only independent advisor, we can recommend a diverse range of financial tools that are well-suited to your age and retirement time frame including:
- Mutual Funds and ETFs – using taxable and tax-advantaged accounts
- Annuities – low cost with no commissions paid to Montlake
- Social Security timing strategies
- Reverse Mortgages
Insurance and risk management
It can be refreshing to get objective insurance advice from someone who is not trying to sell you insurance or earn a commission on an insurance policy. We provide objective, “no pressure” analysis on the following types of insurance:
- Umbrella/Excess Liability
- Long-term Care
We will work with your current insurance professional, or help you find appropriate insurance companies to meet your needs.
Income Tax Planning
Tax laws are constantly changing. We keep up-to-date on these changes in order to provide you with prudent, year-round tax planning counsel.
- Design strategies to follow throughout the year to reduce taxes
- Clarify the impact of the latest tax laws, legislation and IRS rules on tax liability
- Identify the long- and short-term consequences of spending, investment and other financial decisions, and advise on the steps you can take to reduce future tax liability
- Assist and collaborate with your current tax preparer on personal, business, trust and gift tax returns
Strategic Business Planning & Consulting
Business owners have a different set of needs than individuals and families. In many cases, however, a business owner’s personal tax issues are intertwined and directly connected with those of their business. We will act as an independent advisor who works with you to coordinate business and personal financial goals.
For most of us, planning for the distribution of our financial resources and personal property can be a difficult and emotionally charged issue. However, with our comprehensive approach to estate planning, we will:
- Review wills, trusts, retirement plans and other estate planning documents and ensure that they remain up-to-date
- Develop a strategy that fulfills your goals while preserving assets for the next generation, while reducing estate tax liability and providing sufficient liquidity
- Collaborate with other team members – attorneys, appraisers, and insurance professionals, among others – to ensure that every issue is properly addressed by the appropriate expert